Followers

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Under the Sea

Hi all! It's Sandie here today I am sharing a card I made featuring an under the sea background and Mermaid. I also added a treasure chest and some bubbles. All of the stamps are from Stamping Bella. 


I started first by first doing the background because I wanted to be happy with that before colouring the Mermaid. 

I use a flicking motion from where the sea bed meets the water and brush upwards


Then I take a lighter colour and go over it all, but this time right to the top of the paper. I want to make it look like there is light beams in the water. 


I lay some BO5 at the bottom and I keep going over the image, using BO2, BO5 and BO5 until I am happy with the background. 


Next I start on the sea bed. I use E40s because they remind me of sand. First with the darkest colur again, E43


I blend out the E43 with E42


I finish with E41. Again, continue to apply your colours until you are happy. 
I went back in with E43 to the darkest parts. 


For the seaweed I used YG03, YG17 and YG25. And that finished the background 


I started on my Mermaid by colouring the skin. I typically stick to the combo I like
E000, E00, E11 and R20. Sometimes I add E04 if I want very dark shadows, but you have to be careful not to add too much. 


For the hair I used E50, E51, E53 and E33


On the treasure chest - 
Wood - E33, E35, E37
Metal - N1, N3


I coloured the treasure with Y17, Y13 and C1


The shell, I think this is called a Conch? 
R00, R01, R12


The mermaid's tail, I used two colours. BGs and Vs
BG11, BG13, BG18. V000, V12


Also on the tail, I used Lilac spica pen. There is also a darker purple available, Lavendar, if you would prefer to go darker. It adds a lovely sparkle to the tail. 


Finally, on the flower I used Y17, Y13, in the centre, and some BO2 for the petals


Once the image was completed I applied some white gel pen on the tail. 


To make the bubbles pop out more, I covered them with glossy accents. 


I hope you enjoyed today's post. Thanks so much for dropping by. 
Sandie


No comments: